Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ultimate Recipe Swap

Today's Recipe Theme is Favorite Birthday Meal. Check out the link to see a great list of birthday favorites from across the country.

I love a backyard BBQ- since my birthday is in May that usually works out well. Chicken basted with "Secret Sauce" and Chuckwagon beans are my favorite. I also love potato salad, but I don't have a clue how to do that.


Secret Sauce: Combine the following in the blender then whiz on high for about 30 seconds.

1 cup vegetable oil

1/2 cup cider vinegar

1 tbsp each of ; Salt, Black Pepper, Poultry Seasoning

3 eggs


Grill your chicken and start basting it after 20 mins of cook time. This recipe is enough for 6 chicken halves.


Chuckwagon Beans:


  1. Brown 1 lb Hamburger, Add one large chopped yellow onion. Cook together until onions are soft. Dump into CrockPot set on High

  2. Cook 1 lb. cut up Bacon. Dump Bacon (and some of the grease if you are not afraid) into the CrockPot.

  3. Drain and Rinse 3 Cans of Kidney Beans and 3 Cans Butter Beans- Add to CrockPot.

  4. Add 3 Cans of your Campbell's Pork n Beans.

  5. Mix together 1 and 1/2 c. Kethcup, 3/4 c. Brown Sugar, 2 tbsp Worcheshire Sauce, 2 tbsp Molasses. Dump into CrockPot and Mix all together Well.

  6. Cook on High for One hour, turn heat to low and simmer for 3 hours.

A Cold Slice of Watermelon with this cute little face is the perfect ending to my perfect birthday meal!



1 comment:

  1. that "secret" sauce sounds like one my in-laws introduced me to!

    ReplyDelete