Friday, May 15, 2009

Isn't This Shoplifting?

Welcome to my first blog post. I love to coupon shop and have saved tons of $$ following advice of Coupon Mom (www.couponmom.com) and Money Saving Mom (www.moneysavingmom.com). I have had 10 tons of fun playing the coupon game and Price Chopper is the best locally to save more than a few bucks.
This week I made three trips to our Plattsburgh Price Chopper.

Today was my best trip to date! I was able to walk out with $148.74 in groceries for the tiny amount of $38.36 out of pocket. And the machine spit out a $3 catalina towards my next visit. Saving 74.21% is good any day of the week. From here forward I will work on coupon matchups. I will start with a run down on Sundays of what the best deals are complete with coupon match-ups and links to online coupons.

For now here are my favorite deals from this week- you still have over 24 hours to cash in on the savings. First off Kraft has exceptional coupons out right now via their web site and www.coupons.com. It is worth the time and ink to print many copies and cash in.

Kellogg's Cereal: With in ad coupon 4 boxes 17oz for $8.00. With online coupons you will get 4 free boxes. The combinations are endless (hopefully you will be able to print them still). I cashed in on this three times this week. Yes 12 FREE boxes- I have been giving free cereal away right and left!

Zip Lock Bags $1.99 per box. Last weeks press insert has a BOGO coupon and a $1.00 off coupon. Yes you can use both. One coupon per item! So you will get 2 free boxes of Ziplock bags for every set of BOGO and $1.00 coupons you have.

Scotties Tissue. Anyone who knows me knows that I should have stock in Kleenex. This week Scotties Tissue was 5 boxes for $5.00. Typically these are $1.59 a box. So I picked up 10 boxes for $10.00, but used 2 $1 off coupons (they doubled). $8 for 10 boxes of Tissue is a great deal anyday!

If you have Kraft coupons from online you can get free Kraft BBQ Sauce, Nabisco 100 cal. pack snacks, and salad dressing all for free with doubled coupons.

Crystal light was a steal at 50 cents a box or tube. I used a BOGO coupon combined with a $2.00 off of 2 coupon from Kraft. They were on sale for 2/$5.

Johnsonville had several coupons in the last few sunday papers- This week 4 packs of sausage were on sale for $10. I had 4- $1 coupons that doubled to give me $8.00 off. Can you imagine huge packs of breakfast sausage for 50 cents each? I used all of my coupons up and have ample supplies to last me a year!

This morning I also had the chance to run to a few garage sales. If you are looking for great toys there are a few great sales on the Flat Rock Rd in Morrisonville and on Barcomb Ave in Plattsburgh (near Pyramids). I scored a Little Tikes Rollercoaster complete with the car for $20. Emma has already made about 60 trips down. I also found a Little Tikes Mailbox for $5. A few great additions to our managerie outside. Thank you Price Chopper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment