Sunday, May 17, 2009

Karl hates Coupons


















If you plan a trip into our friendly neighborhood Plattsburgh Price Chopper avoid Karl. He really was a pain in the butt and made the trip a little bit less than stellar. Now the savings made up for it, but Karl seems to think that coupons are criminal. Karl is from Sweden and his name tag identifies him as being from the meat department- run to another line (any one of the many Jennifers and Jessicas will do fine). My grand total on transaction #1 was $412.74. When all was said and done I paid $ 178.38 out of pocket and the catalina coupon machine printed out $12.00 in register rewards. Transaction #2 added up to $173.68, after coupons and advantage savings I paid $64.59 total. I used my $12.00 register reward from transaction #1 and the computer didn't recognize or over ride the Unilever promo and I was handed back $9.00 in register rewards at the end of the transaction.

Grand Total For Both: $591.12
Total After Advantage Savings and Coupons: $242.97
Register Rewards for next time: $9.00
Today I Saved: 59%

I also have $1.20 savings per gallon of gas up to 20 gals at Sunoco with my advantage card points.

Today's Press Republican and Troy Record proved to be well worth the $5.00 combined purchase prices. Check back tomorrow afternoon for coupon links and more matchups.

I have plans to try rolling the Unilever deal again tomorrow. I will let you know if it works again!

Todays Highlights

  • Poland Spring Water $3.99 per case, use $1/2 coupons from online or last weeks smart source to knock the price to $2.99/case. Buy 4 and get a $5 catalina register reward
  • Unilever products- buy $20.00 before coupons, get $7.00 register rewards.
  • Hefty Baggies BOGO, add 2 $1.00 coupons to get them for free
  • 100 calorie snack packs of smart foods popcorn or nabisco products are 22 cents after widely circulated $1 coupons
  • Juicy Juice $2.29- only 29 cents after doubled $1 coupon from their web site or last weeks Sunday Paper coupons

1 comment:

  1. Nice shopping trip - we don't have a Price Chopper here in North TX, but it looks like a great store! And definitely avoid Karl. HeeHee

    ReplyDelete