Monday, June 15, 2009



Thank you OrgJunkie for helping me start my week off right. I am trying to buy only what I need, but have managed to stockpile quite a bit. This week my menu features some beautiful farmer's market finds, and many of my Price Chopper deals.

  • Monday: Chicken Parm with angel hair pasta, dole bagged Veggie Blend Salad, Garlic Bread using Farmer's Market Herb bread
  • Tuesday: Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Watermelon
  • Wednesday: Ranch Burgers, Oven Roasted baby Potatoes, Broccoli
  • Thursday: Broccoli Cheese Soup, Panini Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
  • Friday: Seafood Boil- Lobsters are $6.99 this week, I have frozen Shrimp, corn, and sausage in the freezer.
  • Saturday: Breakfast for Dinner: Pancakes (maybe banana or McMama's Spinach and Sour Cream, Johnsonville Sausage, fruit, Bagels and Cream Cheese
  • Sunday: BBQ- Hotdogs, Drunken Chicken, Salads, Watermelon

Recipes of the Week:

Cheese Tortellini Salad

In Large Salad Bowl Combine the following

  • 1/2 c. mayo
  • 1/4 c. buttermilk (1/4c milk with 1 tsp vinegar will work too)
  • 1/4 c. sour cream
  • 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing mix (powder)
  • 2 tsp fresh minced chives
  • 1/2 c. halved cherry tomatoes
  • 1/2 lb. cooked and crumbled bacon
  • 1 bag cooked and cooled frozen Cheese Tortellini (Cook according to package, dump into ice water to stop cooking and cool).

Mix all together, cover and refrigerate. Guaranteed to be the hit at your next picnic.

Pregnancy Pickle Poppers

I love pickles- Dill pickles! When I say pickle I mean Dill pickle- to me they are the only variety! No you will not have to be pregnant to enjoy them, but they are sure to please the pregnant or non-pregnant pickle lover in all of us.

You will need:

  • 1/2 lb Deli Sliced Ham (Cut on #2)- I love Saleen Ham
  • 1 Brick Cream Cheese (Good time to cash in the Kraft Philladelphia Cream Cheese Coupons)
  • 1 Jar Dill pickles- whole (spears or slices are not ideal)

Place 1 slice of ham flat, spread lightly with cream cheese. Roll a pickle into the ham slice. Cut log into rounds. Chill and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment