Friday, June 26, 2009

Frugal Friday




Ahhh.. SUMMER!!! I never imagined how much I would truly love the school calendar! Last night I had a summer vacation theme trip to Target- The summer fun headquarters in my humble opinion. Thank you Lifeasmom.com for hosting Frugal Friday- check out her great site for more $$ saving tips and tricks!

Today's post will be dedicated to one of my best friends; The Target Coupon Generator.

Click here to visit this new friend of mine HERE!

I visit this link frequently- I simply plug in how many of each I want and print. You can cash in as many coupons as you want- ONE per Item. This week print a scad of the Edy's ice cream coupons. The single serve ice cream treats are only $0.19 each! Head over to coupons.com for an additional $1/3- that will make 5 of them FREE when paired with 5 Target coupons.

Target has many great deals in their Trial Sized lane- Nexcare bandages, vasaline, 10 varieties of deodorant, hefty garbage bags (3 bag trial pack), and a variety of sunblocks are all FREE. Target is great- if the coupon does not say NO TRIAL size, then they take it no problem.

If the register does not recognize a match, tell them to over ride and ask for a manager. Every target has a "white phone" near customer service on the wall. Target has a chain wide coupon policy, 1 coupon or combination of coupons (1 Target Coupon and One Manufacturer Coupon per item). Individual stores cannot vary from corporate policy. The white phone is a direct connect to Target Corporate- during all operating hours. If you find a coupon scrooge- threaten the phone and demand a manager. The ladies at Plattsburgh Target are super- they know the drill and nearly jump out of their skin for you!!

Some of the Best finds this week:

Buy 4 Lipton tea ($2.50 each for a total of $10) pair with 2 $1 off coupons from Lipton web site and 2 $.60 coupons from 5/11 or 6/3 Insert- pay about $6.80 out of pocket, get a $5 target gift card.

Buy a Gillette Razor ($7.99 on sale from $13) and a deodorant or body wash ($3.49) use a $4 coupon from June inserts for the razor, $1 off body wash, or $2/2 deodorant, so pay about $7 out of pocket, Get a $5 gift card

Use the Target coupon generator for $2/1 soft soap coupons. The double packs are priced at $6- buy 2 for a total of $8 out of pocket (there are some great $2 off manufacturer coupons from late May to drop the cost to $4/2 double packs) get a $5 gift card

Pace Salsa (gourmet) is on sale for $2.09- pair with a $.50 Target and $1 manufacturer (6/11) coupon and pay only $.59.

Tide to Go Pens are on clearance near the Pharmacy on an end cap in Plattsburgh. Two pen packs ($5.49 REG) clearanced to $2.47- pair with $1 off Late May coupons to pay only $1.47 for 2!

I also found a variety of Kraft products on clearance near Frozen Pizzas- ($.10-$.50) after last month's Kraft coupons.

Coupons.com has a variety of Hasbro game coupons- one happens to be $5.00 off for Pictureka. At Target these coupons are accepted for travel size games as well. I printed 2 coupons and purchased 2 @ $1.64 each- Perfect for age 6 and up. A great summer treat for the favorite school aged kiddo in your life.

Today I enjoyed my first outing with my neighbor- I fully intend to have her hooked on coupon shopping before she turns 12! I thought her eyes were going to pop out when the cashier took her coupons and she watched her total shrink from $25 to $2.02- She felt a little guilty until I explained the concept to her. Thank you for joining me Mikayla- I look forward to many girls outings this summer!

2 comments:

  1. My Target is not as nice as yours. They don't accept two coupons for the same item, so I can't double Target coupons with a MQ. Also, they don't take coupons on trial sized items, and have a limit of 5 coupons per transaction. They are also mean to me if I try to fight it. So, I don't shop there anymore! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no- I would email and call Target corporate. They are very strict about the coupon policy. I am a bit of a nut and carry it in my coupon bag (along with Walmart, Price Chopper, and a few other favorite retailers). I am sure at the very least they will send you a gift card for the trouble, but sure hope they will crack down on your local store! Shame on your Target!!!

    ReplyDelete