Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Great Chops- How My Plan Worked Out





I was really disappointed when the Price Chopper Flier came out this week. It looked dismal again. Last week I felt the same way, but ended up having two great shopping experiences. Today was another fantastic trip! Well worth the planning and I was glad I had an extra hour to browse and find unadvertised specials.

Drum Roll Please.....Grand Total was 258.98 and my total out of pocket was $71.35- a 73% savings!!!

I was able to stock up on Summer favorites (Crystal Light, Ice Cream Toppings, Salad Dressing, Jello, Snapple Ice Tea). I was also able to pickup many personal care items for free (Suave Shampoo, Right Guard Deodorant, St. Ives Body wash, ACT Mouthwash). There are so many great BOGO and B1G2 deals that give you 2-3 free items instead of just one!

Some Unexpected Finds
Soda Pop Ice Cream Toppers ($1.00 coupons I found on ebay) 99 cents after coupon
Johnson&Johnson Baby Wash 2/$5 (used 2 $1 coupons from last weekends smart source)= $1/2
Betty Crocker Brownies $.99/ used 75 cent coupons to get them for $.19- what a great deal, down from regular price of $1.79.

I felt so good about my price Chopper Run that I headed over to Target. I was able to score double packs of Pantene Shampoo for $1.12 each. I took advantage their trial size department and brought home 2 free Purell and 2 free Banana Boat Sun Screens. I walked out with $53 worth of great finds for just over $21. A great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment